If you’ve been following me on Facebook you know that I’m down in Asheville, NC at a business building retreat with my very best and favorite coaches. I’m also surrounded by some of my best business friends in the world, friends I get to share meals with and talk in depth about their marketing.
So color me surprised when I realized that multiple of these savvy, happening women were struggling with their blogging. One blogged irregularly and was debating on whether she was going to force herself into a habit or just stop altogether while another friend hadn’t updated her two-post-blog in years.
I’ve heard this a lot in my travels among many busy, overworked women entrepreneurs. Running a small business is a lot of work and it can be easy to see blogging as just another time sink. But what if you’re already blogging and you don’t even realize it?
Here are five signs you might be “ninja blogging” and have lots of golden content waiting at your finger tips:
1) You’ve ever been in a car with someone and they suddenly said “Holy crap you’re a genius!” all the while you were asking “Uh what? That’s just common sense, right?” Congratulations, you just spoke out loud a blog post!
2) You’ve ever had to answer a client or prospect’s question via email. Congratulations, with a few minor edits to protect identity, you just wrote a blog post!
3) You’ve ever been at a party or networking event and someone dragged their friend into a conversation saying “Sally here was just telling me the most amazing thing. Tell her Sally!” Jot whatever is so fascinating (and resonating!) and you’ve got a blog post!
4) You’ve ever taken photos of your work, customers or places you’re serving/speaking at. Congratulations, with consent for the photo subjects, you’ve got a photo blog post!
5) You’ve ever entered into a rant on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, etc about something in your business that you’re passionate about. Again: You’ve just written a blog post!
6) (Bonus) If you’ve ever prepared a speech, workshop, training course, handout, etc. These all can be converted, often into multiple blog posts!
If you’re still feeling like you could do more to get your blog posts more professional or just inspire better content in general then I’ve got great news: I’m launching a brand new 12-week course called Spring Into Content Creation starting April 6th. In it we’ll inspire better, easier blogging as well as discuss ways of recycling and repurposing old content and turning big content into lots of useful social media soundbites.
===> Check it out.
Writing, blogging, video making and more can be FUN, not a chore and not a time sink. Learn how during the 12-week course.
If you’re looking for something more in-depth, check out the deluxe “Total Content Superstar” package which features SIX live one-on-one content creation sessions with me including my often raved about Jump Start Session that gets you going with genius ideas and guidance before day one of the program!
===> Sign up today!